Gabe began his musical studies in 2001 at American River College in Sacramento, CA. After receiving a student scholarship for guitar performance, he studied jazz guitar with Kurt Shiflet, and classical guitar with Brandon Yip. He went on to study classical guitar at California State University, Sacramento with Dr. Richard Savino. Upon returning to CSUS for his graduate degree, Gabe studied guitar in master classes with guitarists; Angel Romero, the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, Jason Vieaux and many others.
As well as performing, Gabe has a passion for bringing the guitar to life in the hands of his students. In addition to his private studio he has enjoyed many teaching opportunities:
- Instructor for Sacramento Suzuki Classical Guitar Program 2009-2010
- Graduate student teaching assistant, CSU-Sacramento, 2009
- Former adjunct faculty member, Yuba Community College, 2012-2014
- Former adjunct faculty member for Lake Tahoe Community College, 2015-2018
In the Becker Guitar Studio, Gabe’s students have gone on to receive top prizes in competitions, including the 2010 regional American String Teacher’s Association (ASTA) Guitar Competition, and some have been accepted to collegiate music programs such as: Pepperdine University, CSU-Sacramento, and American River College.
Currently Mr. Becker directs and teaches privately at the Becker Guitar Studio, and performs classical guitar in the greater Sacramento, CA area.
- Master of Music degree California State University, Sacramento, 2010
- Bachelor of Music degree in 2006 from CSUS.
- As a student of Dr. Savino at CSUS, Gabe performed in Master Classes for some of today’s foremost classical guitarists: The Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, David Tannenbaum, Angel Romero, Jason Vieaux, Denis Azabagic, Lily Afshar, and others.
- Suzuki Guitar Teacher Training.
For more information about his Classical Guitar program, interest in a student assessment, or for upcoming events please call:
I have known Gabe for eight years and I have watched him develop into an excellent guitar teacher. Gabe and I both took private lessons and participated in Suzuki Guitar Group Lessonsunder the tutelage of Maestro Brandon Yip. We jointly attendedSuzuki Guitar Teacher Training Unit 1 and Unit 2 taught by Suzuki Guitar guru Frank Longay. I had the pleasure of teaching group lessons with Mr. Becker for about three years, and I currently assist him during his Group Lessons so that I can continue learning from him. Gabe’s extensive qualifications and his fun-loving personality make him a natural at teaching very young children, as well as adults. Every lesson activity has a learning purpose, and his students steadily progress into confident musicians that enjoy the journey. I would encourage anyone interested in taking lessons with Mr. Becker to come and see for yourself by observing him in action at a Group Lesson.
– Harold Sexton, Carmichael CA